Building Relationships with God, and One Another
We are dedicated to teaching people how to come to know Christ and to experience an abundant life through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church.
We Believe In:
- Making Disciples – Sharing the Good News to those who have not yet embraced Christ
- Reaching Our Neighbourhood, our City – Bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to people of every culture, vocation, ethnic group and Nation.
- Developing the Church & Ministers –Equipping believers to become His followers and live an exciting abundant life.
Important to Us…
- Fellowship with God and each other – it’s vital to our Christian walk and witness.
- An attitude of serving and submission within the body because it produces respect, humility, unity and trust.
- Worship – it is our first ministry to the Lord.
- The presence of the Holy Spirit. We desire to set an atmosphere where the manifestation of His presence and the gifts of the Spirit are welcome.
- Children – they are a heritage from the Lord.
- Hospitality – practically demonstrating our love for God and one another.
- Every believer living for Christ and sharing their faith.
- Financial stewardship – it is the responsibility of every member, demonstrated through the faithful giving of tithes and offerings.
- Every member embracing their place and functioning in their gifts, serving and ministering to people for the building up of the body.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
— John 3:16 (KJV)
What We Believe:
- We believe in the Bible as the inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe in one True God, self-existent Maker of all things, who has revealed Himself in three Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – co-equal, co-eternal, and one in substance. (2 Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 2:18)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, incarnate Son of God; fully God and fully human. He lived a sinless life, was crucified, died, and was buried; He was raised from the dead and is alive forever. (Luke 1:26-31; John 1:1; Revelation 1:18; Romans 1:4)
- We believe that mankind was originally created in the image and likeness of God, but fell by voluntary sin and is separated from God, thus making personal salvation through faith in Jesus’ death and resurrection necessary for every person. (Genesis 1:26; Genesis 2:17; Genesis 3:24; Romans 5:17-19)
- We believe in the promise of the Father, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, the endowment of power, for life and service, as distinct from and subsequent to the new birth. We believe that speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance is a normative accompaniment to this baptism and is to be expected and desired by all believers as a God-given resource in prayer and worship for Spirit-filled living. We further believe that all the gifts of the Spirit should be and must be operative in the Church for the Church to manifest her full glory under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4; I Corinthians 12)
- We believe in water baptism by immersion. This is a significant act of obedience and is essential for a believer to walk fully in their new life in Christ. (Mark 16:16; Colossians 2:11-12; Romans 6:3-8)
- We believe that entire sanctification (the process of being made holy) is God’s desire for all believers and is to be earnestly pursued by walking in obedience to God’s Word by the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. (Hebrews 13:12; John 17:17; Leviticus 20:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4)
- We believe that divine healing and health through faith is provided for all by Jesus’ death on the cross and by His resurrection. (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:17; I Peter 2:24; James 5:15)
- We believe that God wants us to prosper in every area of our lives – spirit, soul and body. (1 Thessalonians 5:23; 3 John 2)
- We believe in a faith that works by love so that Christ can be developed in us and we will be brought to complete unity in our faith. (Galatians 4:19; Ephesians 4:13)
- We believe that God lives in us, the Church, comprised of every believer born of the Holy Spirit. Together across the world, we create an entire spiritual body, being continually built up by God’s work in our lives and our encouragement of each other. (1 Corinthians 12:12; 2 Corinthians 6:16; 1 Corinthians 3:16; Acts 16:5; Mark 16:15)
- We believe in the resurrection of those asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who remain unto the coming of the Lord. This is the imminent and blessed hope of the Church. (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)